So, you're not smart enough to get out of jury duty, and there you are at the start of the morning in the courthouse bullpen awaiting your fate.
A fellow in the Roger Clemens perjury trial has your guide to making it a short day: fall asleep.
Here's the complete checklist, gleaned from our sleepy friend and my experience at the Orange County Courthouse ...
1. Get called into a jury pool about 2 hours into the day.
2. Be attentive, give good answers when you're questioned, and make the jury.
3. During the trial, fall asleep. Snore if needed to call attention to your plight.
4. Get thrown off the case. They'll send you back down to the bullpen.
5. By this time, they know they have enough jurors for the day's cases, and you get sent home. It's about 1 p.m. The rest of the day is yours to hit the couch, watch ESPN and eat Doritos.